Many Honors students will be heading off to Florence this fall. Whether your an architecture major, fashion major, CCI major, or any other student, we have some great tips from formers students who have studied in Florence!
- Make a list of places you want to see and things you want to do and do it! You never know if you will have the chance to do these things again, so make them happen your first time around.
- Learn as much of the Italian language as possible. Even though many people in Florence speak English, being able to speak Italian is respectable and a great way to immerse yourself in the culture.
- Take the Art History course. Italian art gives you great insight into Italian culture and history.
- Explore Italy. There’s a lot to see and do.
- Take all the opportunities that come at you. The school provides field trips and events. You are only there for four months: Make the most of it.
- Research places you plan to travel. Find the top attractions and the hidden treasures.
- Be yourself. Get out of your comfort zone and try new things though.
- Take pictures of everything. Write about your experience. Blog. You don’t want to forget this.
- Take clothes for all kinds of weather. Florence has many different climates.
- Make sure you have rainboots or waterproof shoes. It rains a lot.
- There are plenty of grocery stores in Florence. Ask around.
- Leave room to bring things home when you pack.
- Most people are friendly and willing to help.
- Budget your money. Know how much you have and are willing to spend.
- You can typically find cheap flights in Europe.